Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blackberry Torch 9800 Review - My First Smart Phone


Blackberry Torch 9800 Review - My First Smart Phone
By Rick Gordon

This Blackberry Torch 9800 review will reveal my personal experience with this smart phone. Since this is my first smart phone, I cannot compare it to other models such as the Iphone and Evo 4G.

First, I would like to say that I really like this phone. I was really apprehensive about getting a smart phone because I didn't want to pay $30 for a data plan. After my contract expired, I was in the market for a new phone. AT&T recently started offering limited data plan for $15 that allows 200 MB/mo so I decided to go for it.

I discovered that the limited plan was all I needed. The Blackberry Torch 9800, like other phones allow you to connect to a WIFI connection. Since I have wireless internet in my house, I can connect my phone to my WIFI without using any data. The same is true if you go to a hotspot area designated by your provider or any place that offers free WIFI. Once you save a hotspot to your phone, it automatically connects when you enter that area.

I like the ability to browse the internet when I'm away from my PC for quick NBA scores or quick photo uploads to my Facebook page. Even if I'm near my laptop, I'll use the Blackberry Torch to check my email instead of waiting for my laptop to boot.

The apps are really cool on this device. I'm sure that I am not really using this phone up to its full potential yet. I like the Pandora music app in which you can stream your own personal radio station that plays songs of you favorite artists. You need an unlimited data plan or connect to a WIFI area as this uses a lot of data. Other apps I use regularly is The Weather Channel, Facebook, Movie Tickets.com, Bloomberg, and ATT's myWireless to monitor my usage.

I haven't used this phone extensively for business purposes yet by I can see the potential to do so. You can hook up your email to your Blackberry Torch 9800 to get emails away from your PC. There are other business apps that I have yet to explore.

This device comes with a headset that you can use for hands free talking. I never was a fan for hands free talking but since I've had this phone, I'm kind of addicted to it. The Blackberry Torch 9800 is big and bulky compared to other phones I've had. This is good for using the touch screen but can be uncomfortable for talking.

I got my Blackberry Torch 9800 for free but I needed to commit to a two year plan. CLICK HERE  if you want a free phone but without the commitment. Visit Free Blackberry Torch to get yours!

Article Source:  Blackberry Torch 9800 Review - My First Smart Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment